Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Update on Sullivan

As I mentioned a few days ago, my sweet brother, Sullivan, has been very sick for the last week. After many calls to the doctors over the weekend, they suggested that he come back to see the doctor again yesterday because he wasn't improving and the medications were causing even more problems. At the doctor's office, they admitted him to the hospital and he will be staying there for about 3 days. Mama says that they have him on many pain medications now and he is doing better. Hopefully they will be able to get the antibiotic to start working so he won't continue to need the powerful pain medications. It's all been pretty confusing because even the doctors haven't completely understood what was causing his sickness to get worse instead of getting better. Please pray that the Lord will give the doctors' wisdom, quickly heal Sulli, and also for Mama who is staying there with him at the hospital.Sullivan's 9th birthday is Sunday, so we're really hoping that he will be better by then! We miss his cheerful attitude here around the house.

1 comment:

Meredith Ivy said...

Comments left at Mere's blog for Sulli:


The Sisters said...

Hi Meredith,
Sorry to hear about your brother.
We will be praying for him!


Liz W. said...

I will be keeping him and the doctors that are treating him in my prayers!
Loved your email and can't wait to reply back!

Love,
Liz


Anonymous said...

If there is anything we can do please call or e-mail, I would be glad to assist your family in any way during this time Meredith. We will continue to pray for you. Sincerely, Dawn Jones


Anonymous said...

Meredith,

Please pass along that Sullivan is in our prayers. We will ask God to grant him a swift and full recovery.

Mr. & Mrs. Hulbert


Anonymous said...

I just got the e-mail that Sullivan is having an operation in the morning. Please know that we are holding him up in our prayers.
Carla Pruiett


Laura J. Wright said...

Meredith,
I'm so sorry to hear that your brother is sick - we shall be praying for him. Thanks for your email - I'm a bit tied up with uni work at the moment but I promise to send you a detailed message back.
Love Laura :)


Tiffani said...

oh wow. i was wondering what happened when wes called me and said he couldn't go get the milk yesterday because someone was in the hospital. :( I'll be praying for him. poor thing.


The Trents said...

We'll be praying for Sullivan!


Marie M said...

I'm so sorry Meredith,
Poor Sullivan. I will keep him in my prayers.


Asia said...

wow, i am so sorry to hear this. i will be praying.


Annabeth said...

Meredith,
I am sure he will be all better by Sunday and I hope he has a WONDERFUL birthday! I will keep him and your family in my prayers!
~Anna