Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Weather Outside is Frightful

But the fire is so delightful
And since we've no place to go
Let it snow, let is snow, let it snow
Thank you for all of the birthday wishes! I had a wonderful 22nd birthday and your thoughtful comments contributed greatly to my lovely day. Although I have already thanked Oliver for his blog entry, I want to publicly acknowledge his kindness in writing such a sweet post for me. I am certainly not the most talented cook in Virginia, but I am happy that he thinks so. :) I spent my birthday with my family. In the evening, Mama and I went shopping in Richmond. I spent the birthday money I received on a gorgeous off-white pea coat (below). It was originally $260, but between the clearance price and a coupon, I paid only $105. It is such a classy coat and I am confident that I will be wearing it for at least 3-5 years, so I feel it was a very good investment.
Also during this past week, I have been baking many cheesecakes to fill farm orders. It has been more stressful than baking for the restaurant because the restaurant can work around my cheesecakes' imperfections (occasional cracks), but I hate selling cracked cheesecakes to individual customers for their holiday parties!
Oliver and I began working out this past week. We've been to the YMCA's gym three out of the past four days and are liking it a lot. We are trying to get well acquainted with the equipment before the gym becomes very crowded with people trying to get in shape after the holidays.
.:.:.
My cousin, April, flew in from Nashville and has been spending time at my grandparents' home two hours away. I was looking forward to spending time with her this weekend, but unfortunately the huge amount of snow has cancelled my plans. Instead, we have had a snowed-in day at home spent reading, watching movies and basketball (the Texas/UNC game and the Duke/Gonzaga game), the boys and Sheridan played outside in the snow, and I baked gooey cinnamon rolls (thank you, Abigail, for the recipe). I am very pleased with the way they turned out and I hope to make them again very soon. :)
The roads are too snowy to attempt to make the two hour drive to church tomorrow morning, so we will be enjoying another delightful, restful day at home!

No comments: