Monday, March 30, 2009

Elliott's Graduation Letter

Written by Elliott, March 2009

Dear Friends and Family,

As I begin this new phase of my life and look back over the last 18 years, I feel a deep sense of appreciation for all of you who have helped shape me into the young man I have become. First, I would like to give God the glory for everything that He has done in me, and then I would like to thank Mom and Dad for training me up in the way I should go. Also, I would like to thank so many of you who have been good role models for me throughout my life. Thank you for your continual support and prayers.

I feel that the Lord has led me to pursue a career in natural farming. I find this to be suitable for the future as it is my desire to work alongside my children in an environment that cultivates entrepreneurial spirits.

Right now I oversee a goat herd and laying hen operation and am raising 200 grass-fed broiler chickens each month which I will butcher and sell at local farmer’s markets. I plan to add more enterprises to these in the future.

I currently own three wooded acres and once I have a house of my own, I will seek a godly young woman to marry. Eventually I hope to buy 25-40 acres that are close to a large city where I can sell my farm’s products. These plans are subject to change as the Lord reveals more of His will in my life.

I appreciate your prayers as I seek to do the Lord’s will.

Sincerely,
Elliott

1 comment:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Lovely to see a young man desire to walk with the Lord and serve him with his whole life!

You have great goals - God's blessing on them all!